The Computer Olympiad 2019 will be held together with the 16th Advances in Computer Games conference and the World Computer Chess Championships in Macau from 10-16 August 2019. All activities take place during the IJCAI 2019 at the same venue.
This information can also be found on the special Computer Olympiad website
- Registration deadline: 15 June 2019
- Registration form: Registration
- Events: Tournaments include, but are not limited to: Amazons, Block Go, Breakthrough, Chinese chess, Chinese checkers, Chinese dark chess, Connect6, Dice Shogi, Digital Curling, Dots and Boxes, Draughts/Checkers, EinStein Würfelt Nicht, Go, Gomoku, Hex 11×11, Hex 11×13, Kyoto Shogi, Mahjong, Minishogi, Nonogram, Othello, Outer-Open Gomoku, Shogi, Surakarta, etc.
- Registration Fee: 50 Euro for first program, 25 Euro for second, third, etc. program. (According to the registration name, that is, First Name + Last Name fields)
- Award: For each tournament, medals will be awarded to top-three programs if more than three porgrams participate, or top-two programs if three programs participate.
- Multiple programs are allowed for one person.
- Registration implies acceptance of the tournament rules (in particular rule 1, original work).
- The program must be the original work and designed by each team.
- The same program can only register once.
- One operator of each team should operate the program.
- Each team is invited to attend the player meeting before the tournament, where specific rules are determined.
- While playing, screens of both programs must be visible to each other.
- The player who wants to modify the program while playing must get the permission of the referee in advance.
- If the program crashes while playing, after the referee’s approval, it can be reloaded and go on playing before time is up.
- After each game, both teams must hand in the game records.
- If there is any controversy, the referee has the right to make the final decision.
Rules of the game are as above, and will be confirmed in the player meeting with team leaders.
Advance payments are preferred and can be made in any of the following ways:
- By direct bank transfer to ING Bank, the Netherlands, IBAN NL34INGB0003988921, BIC INGBNL2A, Leiden, the Netherlands.
- By PayPal service via the Internet. Name of ICGA is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment by credit card (Visa/Mastercard). Send your credit-card details (Visa or Mastercard, full name on card, card number, expiry date, and address), the amount to be paid to Hiroyuki Iida, Email: email@example.com, Business Fax: +81 (761) 51 1149.