The World Computer Chess Championships start in 10 days! It is being held in Vienna as part of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). Results will be posted here.
If you live in or near Vienna, please come by for a visit. The event is being held at the Messe Wien Exhibition and Congress Center.
We are excited to announce…
- The 2022 Computers and Games conference (online, November 22-24). The Call for Papers is here.
- The 2022 Computer Olympiad (online, July 23-29). The Call for Participation is here.
- The World Computer Chess Championships. More information can be found here.
Planning is underway for…
- Computers and Games conference, online, tentatively November. Start writing your paper!
- Computer Olympiad, online and possibly hybrid, tentatively July 23-29. Start improving your program!
- World Computer Chess Championship, co-located with the IJCAI conference (Vienna, Austria), July 23-29. Start planning your holiday to participate/attend this important event, first contested in 1974!
If you want more information, pleas contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We expect to finalize details by the end of March.
The Advances in Computer Games conference (November 23-25) is open for registration. It’s free! Register here.
With three keynote talks and 22 refereed papers, its going to be an educational, inspirational, and fun event.
The Olympiad is done! See the results here. Please join me in thanking all the participants and congratulating all the winners.
Register for the Olympiad here. The deadline is August 18.
It is with deep sadness that I let our community know that Guy Haworth has passed away. To readers of the ICGA Journal, you will recognize his name as being a prolific contributor especially on the subjects of chess tablebases and the TCEC chess competitions. He was a low-key but passionate supporter of the ICGA’s mission. It was a privilege for me to have worked with him.
Our heartfelt sympathies go out to his wife Annette and sons Alex and Ben.
The latest information on this year’s Olympiad can be found here. The deadline for registration is August 18. Go for the gold!
The Advances in Computer Games conference will be held online this year. It is tentatively scheduled for the week of November 22, with a paper submission deadline of September 20. Details can be found here.
Please consider submitting a paper. We look forward to finding out about the latest advances in AI applied to computer games.
The 2021 Computer Olympiad will be held the last two weeks of August. It’s time to start debugging, tuning your code, reading the latest research advances, adding new ideas to your program, and preparing to go for the gold!