The ICGA Journal provides an international forum for computer games researchers presenting new results on ongoing work. The editors invite contributors to submit papers on all aspects of research related to computers and games. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- the current state of game-playing programs for board games, card games, and puzzles,
- the current state of virtual, casual, and video games,
- new theoretical developments in game-related research,
- theoretical and practical work on the design of games and puzzles, and
- general scientific contributions produced by the study of games.
Also welcome is research on topics such as:
- social aspects of computer games,
- cognitive research of how humans play games,
- capture and analysis of game data, and
- issues related to networked games are invited to submit their contributions.