Welcome to the home page for the Computers and Games 2022 conference. This conference is 20 years old and is held in even-numbered years (Advances in Computer Games is in the odd-numbered years). It originated in Japan and is now organized by the International Computer Games Association.
CG features cutting edge artificial intelligence technology as applied to computer games. This year’s conference is being held online November 22-24. It will feature refereed papers, outstanding keynote talks, and other activities.
The conference co-chairs are:
Areas of Interest
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The current state of game-playing programs for classic and modern board games, card games, puzzles, virtual/casual/video games, etc.
- General game playing
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning for games
- The history of computers in game-based research
- New theoretical developments in game-related research
- New and enhanced algorithms for search and knowledge acquisition
- Automated game design and evaluation
- Social aspects of computer games
- Scientific contributions produced by the study of games
- Cognitive research of how (and why) humans play games and puzzles
- Capture and analysis of game data
- Innovative applications of game-AI algorithms
Papers must be written in English and can be up to 10 pages in length (including references). Please conform to the LNCS style. LaTeX preferred; an Overleaf template is available here. Submit a PDF version of your paper via EasyChair.
- September 1: Submission deadline
- October 17: Decisions announced
- November 7: Final version due
- November 22-24: Computers and Games 2022 conference
Questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Computer Games Association (ICGA)
Interested in AI and games? Join the ICGA! Membership allows you to:
- Receive the quarterly ICGA Journal (electronically or in print).
- Enter the World Computer Chess Championships.
- Enter the Computer Olympiad.
- Contribute to and/or participate in the annual Computers and Games and Advances in Computer Games conferences.
- Join an international community of researchers/companies/hobbyists who have a passion for applying to AI to games.
For more information, please go here.